Sunday, July 19, 2009

Busy weekend!

Yesterday, my friend Hester and I went to St. Cloud to spend some time with our friend Lois. We sewed and talked and ate and had a good time. Hester is visiting from California and didn't have any projects with her...so, good kid that I am, I volunteered several of my own! Hester finished hand sewing the binding to my Vienna Nights quilt and unsewed the wavy borders from my Holiday Inn quilt.

I love you Hester! What an unpleasant task...and she offered to do them both. I am a lucky kid to have friends like Hester and Lois.

I will post pictures of Vienna Nights when I have the label put on and the cat fur taken off.

Today is busy with a work related emergency. No rest for the wicked...


Oh yeah...Katie and I are cleaning out the sewing room...and we have stuff for sale on ETSY... http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6799827

Challenge Dear Jane top
And, finally, here is a picture of the Challenge quilt with borders attached. Isn't it pretty? I am going to take it to my Dear Jane guild meeting tomorrow night and give it to Kari for quilting. Our show is in September!

3 comments:

  1. Love your challenge quilt! It's good to have friends who will both sew and unsew. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the weekend. Glad you and Hester could come and visit me. With any luck we can do a weekend in Oct and then again in April or in Nov, Dec,Jan, Feb, March,May,June,July,August....Oh, you get the idea. I love it when you come. And I really like the challenge quilt. Why didn't you bring it along for us to see?

    ReplyDelete