Saturday, November 13, 2010

It is here!

Lime colored applique quilt.  Pattern is various reels.
My reely lime reel quilt top is done....this is a subset of the blocks from Heart and Hand applique (with a few from the Dear Jane Applique Society for good measure). Diane Schneck is going to be publishing these patterns in a book some time next year. This is going to her as a possible sample for the book. My friend Kari Schell is going to quilt it for me. Isn't this fun? Certainly not colors I normally use. I am thinking of calling it "No, reely! Lime IS a neutral!" It is a little hard to see what color the setting / border fabric is...it is a dark blue with grayish patterns...JoAnn helped me pick it out. She is VERY good at this!

6 comments:

  1. Love the quilt, Deb. I like green and did my Nearly Insane all in different greens. Will you be coming to Shipshe next week so we can see it in person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, sorry to say I won't be coming next week. The November retreat just never works out for me. I will be there in April and if Diane is done with it, I will bring it for show and tell.

    I hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's reeeeely lovely! Green is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is lovely Deb! I am looking forward to see how it turns out quilted :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to have you show up on my computer! I am pretty sure you are the one whose Dear Jane quilt and setting I loved last year. While I thought I "saved" a picture of it, can't fine the file! Is there somewhere I could see a picture again?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't finished my big Dear Jane...I just brought a small one to show.

    ReplyDelete