Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wasted Weekend

I don't see how "young people" can do it. I worked one overnight shift this weekend and the whole weekend was wasted. I didn't get anything done that I needed to do...and I am as tired as if I had cleaned my house from basement to attic...which we all know, it needs it, but I am VERY unlikely to do that.

I am at least going to finish a pincushion...maybe also a quilt block...then find something good on TV and work on a binding. Sigh...how do young people manage this without getting totally wiped out?

2 comments:

  1. You have a blog! Can't wait to see the quilts, etc. that you are making. Welcome to blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well if you want the science behind it..."young people"'s bodies regenerate cells and heal faster than "older people"'s. so the damage done during lack of sleep or a changed sleep schedule is fixed faster in younger bodies than it is in older. Just the basic facts though.

    If I have just one late night, I feel it the next day, if I have three late nights/early mornings in a row I start to get sick...it sucks...but I can tell my body is recovering a lot slower than it used to...

    haha, I'm thinking too much. we're debating the morals of space exploration in my Reading for Ideas class and it has me kinda heated up...

    ReplyDelete