Sunday, April 3, 2011

Oh dear! Mixed feelings!

I am packing my heart out...and I know I will forget stuff...and take too much....and wish I had brought something else.  Oh well, I am sure I will have friends there that can lend me what I forgot, right?

I am so excited to be going and yet nervous to leave...I want to be sure I cover every base and make everything OK before I go...but that can't happen.  So, jittery I will have to be.

This year is so different from previous years.  I haven't felt this good for many years and it will be different to be in this place I enjoy so much and be able to enjoy myself!  Hard to express how I am feeling.  Anyway...thanks to my friends for their part in my improved health...the Diva is on the right path now!

Is it Tuesday yet?  I believe we are leaving at 6:30AM which means I may be fired right off the bat.  JoAnn is NOT a morning person!  Oh well, by the time we get to Chicago, she will appreciate me again....since I am the driver.

Here is a preview of one quilt I will be working on:
I love basket quilts...this one will have a double handle on each basket.  The fabrics come from the Nottingham collection which is one of my favorites.

I am looking forward to finishing my niece's graduation quilt at the retreat...she reminds me on a regular basis that she graduated in 2005...AND 2010....sigh....

And I plan to work on, hopefully finish, the mystery quilt I started the end of February.  That one will be extraordinary...pinks and browns...Jo Morton fabric.

Then, just in case I get bored, or need to converse...I have several of my blocks from the Heart in Hand applique that I hope to finish.

What do you think?  Do I need to bring more?  Aren't we there for 4 and 1/2 days?  I need to clear my schedule so I can get to David's quilt...that will be wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. Do you like Basket Quilts because you're a Basket Case? hmmm, I might be on to something...

    Where's my quilt? :P

    We're going to miss you at home, who's going to read the recipe book to me? :,(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, figured me out already, did you? It took 14 years and a college education to do that!

    Your quilt is packed and stacked...ready to head off into the wilds of Indiana...

    Perhaps the Saw-Man can read to you in his russian accent....

    ReplyDelete