Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fun day!

Oh what a fun day I have had!  Met a friend for breakfast and then off to the quilt shop to look at fabric...We are cooking up a new quilt for him.  I am really excited about this!

I am in the midst of packing to go to Shipshewana next week...and I had to stop to make the Barbara Brackman BOW...cute block...Jo Morton fabrics, of course!
This one is called Fox and Geese...I used some new and some old fabrics...my stash is getting some exercise here!

I have a really neat setting picked out...these blocks on point with setting blocks that are half light and half dark...not log cabins, more like quarter square triangles, but more angular.  I am excited to get this one finished!

I hope everyone has fun plans for the weekend!

I am going to visit my sister in the hospital tomorrow and continue to work on packing for the trip.  Oooh!  I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. This friend you met for breakfast sounds like a really awesome guy! Have a wonderful time on your trip Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabrics Deb. I love those blocks and know I'm going to wish I had been making them along with the rest of you girls. I have my Shipshewana list printed out and plan to "make a pile" of what to take today. I wonder if you bring enough to sew for a month like I do. I'll see you next week. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete