Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Inspiration and Affirmation

My visits to Shipshewana are inspiring always.  I get to visit with people I only see once a year.  I also get to see all kinds of quilts and all kinds of quilters.  One of the people I see is Rebecca Haarer.  I mentioned her name in one of the shops and the shop keeper said that she read Rebecca's blog...well, I got all excited and when I saw Rebecca, I asked about her blog, wanting to become a follower.  There is no blog at this point, much to my dismay.  Rebecca has such a gift with words.  I want to share with you an email she sent me ( I have her permission) that will inspire me for years to come.  We only saw each other for maybe a total of 15 minutes during the time I was in Shipshewana, but she made an observation that has me glowing...what follows is an affirmation of the work I have been doing for the last three months, with my friend Maria, a nutritionist, and my friend David, a massage therapist.  Here is Rebecca's note.

Hi Deb! I am barely awake it seems as I check my email after several very fun and busy days! I got in too late last night to check email, as I had a birthday party cookout to attend after work yesterday. I promised myself when I dropped into bed early this am, that I would "sleep in" but here, I am. Not to worry though....soon, I will turn this lap top off, set it aside, and roll over, and go back to sleep!


I am still very happy inside and out, from the happiness of having you and all the other beautiful quilters here. It just feeds my Soul and Spirit to have all of your creativity and enthusiasm sprinkled around the community. There is nothing better than to have a group of quilters in the shop laughing, discussing, and being excited, in general about quilts. I LOVE it!!!


Thank you So much for sending your blog to me. I enjoyed reading quite a bit of it!!! I wanted to tell you when you first walked into the shop, how radiant you look. Your "energy" has really shifted... in some way, and I couldn't put my finger on it but having read your blog....I know in part, it is the weight loss! wow. Congratulations on your committment to a healthier life style. You are an inspiration to me. (this is something I too need to address!) I have to say, that even though you have lost weight, there is MORE to you, in terms of energy, or something! You do look and feel radiant!


Also, I am sending prayers to your sister. Thank you for sharing her journey...what a journey, and I pray for her and her family. Witnessing a family member friend go thru this is a huge task. I feel for you as well. God's grace, to you all.


I also enjoyed seeing your quilt blocks. What fun blog sharing. I don't know if I will set up a blog....I don't quilt. I don't know If I would have something consistent to share. Probably my posts would be "all over the place!" But, If I do set up a blog.....I will thank YOU for your encouragement.

Now, back to sleep. Hope everything I have written makes sense...as there is still plenty of "sleep" in my brain!


Thank you Deb!


Be well! Rebecca Haarer


Now isn't that inspirational?  I have to thank Maria, David and my niece for their support and guidance in this journey I am on to a healthier me.  Life style changes take a whole lot of support and patience!  But, I am finding these changes worthwhile...
 
More on Shipshe later when I get caught up!

No comments:

Post a Comment