Saturday, April 18, 2009

Chicken Chaos

Oh dear...we have had difficulties with chickens here. We had a mystery class with the chicken sisters and I had a senior moment. I have a guest blogger here to describe it for you. In our defense, neither of us had made the project ahead of time. Pictures will be posted to my webshots when I get home...please welcome JoAnn Atkins:

So, we brought all the supplies to have this mystery mini class for the Chicken Sisters and the project was Polo Loco. I started teaching the class and the first clue was for them (Deb and I were also making the project) to make two nine inch blocks and quilt them on to some thermore batting. As we were doing this I inadvertently said, out loud, " my chicken will be puffy". Jeannie looked at Connie and said "do you think we could be making chickens?" THIS PROJECT WAS NO LONGER A MYSTERY. PERSEVERE!


Well, we continued on and I got behind and I asked Deb to take over the class.


We got to the part where you add the beak the the "fun fur" beak and comb to one block, sandwich the blocks and turn them right side out to stuff. There was much discussion as to where to place all the parts. Deb held up her sample to show us how to place the parts. Those of us who trusted her and followed the leader didn't do too well.
She turned her chicken right side out only to discover the beak was facing north and the tail was facing front.

Pitiful chicken in the trash can
The next thing I knew, I saw her chicken lying in the garbage beak and tail up.

The rest of the class carried on without the teacher and were successful in making beautiful chickens.

(Deb's note - Notice the lovely fluffy tail. I think my chicken was just looking back at his tail. A very flexible chicken, perhaps a member of the "Cluck de Soleil Circus").
I dug the pitiful reject from the garbage and told the teacher (Deb) if she would only rip out the Beautiful chicken and JoAnnmistakes, I would finish her chicken for her. This lead to immediate success. (See picture.)


You too can make a chicken with the help of a good, experienced and qualified cluck instructor.


Here is Deb back again. JoAnn laughed so hard while typing this, we relived the whole fiasco again. It was fun...I think JoAnn just called herself a cluck instructor...funny!



1 comment:

  1. What an excellent report from your guest blogger! Sounds like it was a wonderful class with lots of laughs.:-) I had so much fun..it went by way too fast.
    anonymous guest blogger

    ReplyDelete