Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ahhh....Saturday!

Even better when it is a Saturday AND a Dear Jane Workday! I got to hang out with about 12 of my good buddies this afternoon...we all get together approximately once a month to work on our Dear Janes....or what ever else moves us. My friend JoAnn has that new space above her quilt shop that is just ideal for this purpose. What fun!

I really like what Kari was working on. We had exchanged Chimney Sweep blocks at the shop and she was putting hers together. She has a beautiful applique block in the center and borders all around...the album blocks were one of the borders. It is gorgeous!

My sister has had 3 good days strung together. Her doctor said she was on track to be heading out the door on Monday. We have our fingers crossed and are praying hard that this comes to pass...and that the trip (12 hours from Columbus Ohio to Edina Minn where she will be in recovery and rehabilitation) won't be too much for her. I talked to her several times today and she is very alert (we were balancing her checkbook and paying bills) and wants very much to come home.

Well...I get to pick out the fabrics for the next installment of the Civil War BOW from Barbara Brackman. This is going to be a "scrapbook" of my Jo Morton fabric collection. It will be FABULOUS!!! I will post a picture when I finish the block...a challenging one this time....again! Love it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb,
    GREAT news about your sisters continued improvement, hope she stays on track to make the long trip home to family and friends.
    Jo
    in Nebraska - America's Happiest State

    ReplyDelete