Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Civil War blocks...progress!

I finished two this week and am all caught up! I chickened out and appliqued the Seven Sisters block...and I nearly used up all of one of my favorite fabrics in the Texas Tears block. Sniff! I hate using up one of my favorites but I did just that in preparing for a mystery class. I fell in love with one of Jo Morton's earlier pieces...a cinnamon pink fabric with little "pepper pots" on it. The very last FQ will be a part of this mystery quilt.

Speaking of sisters...mine is still having a tough time. She was supposed to be back in MN by now but had emergency surgery (3rd time if you are counting) on Sunday. She is devastated. Her youngest is in Ohio with her now, as well as her husband. Ashley is bolstering Mom's spirits a great deal. I feel so helpless. She says she will not go through this again so in five years, I most likely will lose my sister. I hope she has a change of heart by then.

Enough sad! Here are my beautiful blocks!

1 comment: