Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Quilt! er...Year!

What a way to end the year! I finished a beautiful quilt and put it on my bed..just as the power went out last night around 11:30. We had to use candles and cell phones to light our way...and I missed out on how Sherlock Holmes ends...Oh well...I can catch up on that today.

Here is a picture of the quilt. The pattern is the Night at the Symphony free pattern from Moda with a few modifications...it was quilted by my talented friend Kari Schell. Quilt with brown, red and blue stars...and a cat










Also, you can see the quilt inspector doing his job....Evil Awful Puss has made his indentation of approval on the quilt.

Cat sleeping on quilt

That Evil...always hard at work. Doesn't he make it look easy?
I am so happy that my dear friend has emerged from her surgery with flying colors...now on to my next concern...my older sister is facing cancer surgery for the 4th time. We have a prayer service for her today at her church. She is so brave! Please add Diane to your prayers...she has tumors in her abdomen and liver that will be removed.

I am working on making a list of all of my Works In Progress and will share this with my Dear Jane group in hopes of making a dent this year...I am also going to try to get a handle on the Projects In Grocery Sacks that I have sitting around as well...I have a big herd of PIGS...phooey!

No comments:

Post a Comment