Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy National Quilting Day!

Well...the day is not quite over but it has been fun already!  I had breakfast with my friend Deb, and just happened to run into my other friend Deb at the same restaurant!  What a coincidence!  Had a wonderful conversation with Deb and a fabulous bacon, ham and cheese omelette...did I tell you that I LOVE my diet?

Speaking of which, I have lost another 3 pounds this week...making a total of 19 since the end of January!  Over 15 inches lost as well...all over!  This is the lightest I have been since the early 90s I think.  My friend David says I am going to leap like a gazelle!  Well...I guess I will have to try that out!

I have been busy quilt wise...while I was sitting and listening to my tax accountant work on my taxes, I basted two applique blocks...then I came home and finished the Barbara Brackman block of the week.  Here it is:
I am having a great time working on these blocks.  I get to dig into my extensive stash of Jo Morton fabrics and play with them all!

I have the layout planned...setting these on point with a setting block that looks like a split nine patch.  The border will be wonderful as well.  I am so excited!  What a great way to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Civil War!

I am going to start preparing for my trip to Shipshewana...need to have stuff to work on while I am there.  I can't shop and eat the whole time, can I?

I hope all my friends have a great weekend and a Happy National Quilting Day! 
XXOO Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment