Saturday, June 27, 2009

Aaaah....

Well...we have a mess but we also have a cool house. This new A/C is cooling off corners that didn't ever get cooled off before. Our furnace was 59 years old and the A/C was at least 35. That is LOOONG past the average life of either. I am very fortunate to have put off replacing them both for this long.

We also have new holes in the walls. Our chimney liner was well and truly fixed to stay in place forever...being as it was asbestos, I wanted it OUT! So, it is out...and I have to have walls fixed. I am looking for estimates on repairing walls and then will have 3 rooms painted to finish (I hope) this chapter in my life.

One good thing, Katie gets to decorate her room...we will get rid of the Pepto Bismol pink walls and make it more presentable. I am so glad she is back with us! That little darling finished putting my exercise bike together...Thanks Katie!

So, the rest of the weekend is pulling the house back into partial order (I don't want to get carried away) and some hand applique. I have a friend that turned 50 last week so I have to go visit her before she gets so old she forgets who I am. I AM older than she is but she picks on me so much for being old that I have to get my licks in where I can.

Frosted Memories Fat Quarter Bundle
I found a fun give-away on my friend Jeanne's blog...I thought I would pass it along so I can enter the contest as well. Check out http://www.quiltqua.com/ for the details! They are giving away a fat quarter set of Frosted Memories fabric...NICE!









Happy Weekend all!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I would say you more than got your money's worth from that furnace and a/c! The new ones will be much more efficient. Hope the holes are patched and painted soon so you can concentrate on your sewing projects. Glad to hear that Katie is back home, too. Tell her hello.

    ReplyDelete